Providing the reason you are visiting this is your wish to join INP-Mangaz Scanlation Team, thank you for the interest. If you are just checking out the page, thank you for the views. Do follow. It is the first place where you’ll be able to find our releases.
We prefer applicants with experience or knowledge as at the moment we do not have the manpower necessary to train people from scratch. Any experience is good experience. 🙂 However, if you make a decent enough job on the tests, we do not mind helping you get the true hang of the ropes. If you consider yourself as experienced enough, you can skip the application process by submitting some of your past works. However, it is only applicable to typesetters and redrawers.
Before you get started, there are a few things we will expect from you in case you join which are Discord and GoogleDrive accounts. They are perfectly free so they can be made at any given moment.
Submit your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Application”. Add your test as an attachment or send us a link to uploaded zip. Dropbox, MEGA, and Mediafire are the preferable upload clouds. In the body of the message, include the following information:
- Display name:
- Position (for which you are applying):
- Experience (do elaborate and link us your previous work if possible):
- Preferred genres:
- Availability (estimate in hours per week):
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
- Job of a translator is to translate the Japanese/Chinese/Korean raw into English. We require a good language of the raw’s language, but language of English is fine as long as you get the basics as we have proofreaders to help out with that. This position requires a text editing software, such as Microsoft Word.
- This position requires no test. Applicants are hired based on an interview.
- Job of a proofreader is to clean up the script provided by the translator. A high degree of English is necessary. Grammar Nazies are especially welcome. In addition to cleaning up the grammar and spelling, proofreader is expected to also help with the flow of the translation so that it sounds natural in English. This position requires a text editing software, such as Microsoft Word.
- Job of a cleaner/redrawer is to clean up the raws giving the raws as clean of a look as possible. This requires variety of tasks including, but not limited to cropping, rotating and doing of basic redraws. This position requires an editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Job of a typesetter is to apply the proofread script to the cleans. This position requires an editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop.